Tuesday, September 20, 2011

its beginning to feel a lot like summer

It's finally hot outside! Little slow on the uptake but I knew we'd get there. I believed in you Summer! It was me and you against all the Negative Nancy's and we won! We won dammit!

One of my awesome roommates had an extra ticket to Laura Marling this past Saturday and in the process of telling me this piece of news, she must have noticed the string of drool slopping out of the corner of my mouth because she offered it to moi. Laura seems very much like your average young performer (she's a wee 21) but the moment that strumming and humming begins you know you're witnessing something special. 'Twas a splendid performance.
 
Laura's new album, A Creature I Don't Know, came out last week and I (shocker) have mixed feelings. I always view a new album as an affront to all previous albums. Like the pretty new girl in your class who throws off the status quo with her newness and prettiness. What about the dependably sturdy manish girl who's been there the whole time? Anywho, upon further inspection this new album, like most of the ones I initially cast-off, is a treat. Her lyrics continue to be hearty and seriously wise beyond her years. I predict Ms. Marling will be around for a while and I can't wait to hear whats next.




Not off the new album, but terrific nonetheless

No comments:

Post a Comment