Friday, September 30, 2011

swedish fish

Recipe for a bitchin' Thursday night:

Aquarium
Red Wine
Jens Lekman
$12
Mash well.

What in tarnation? you say. And I say, last night I went to Nightlife, a weekly event hosted by the California Academy of Sciences. Admission is $12 which includes access to the planetarium, aquarium, natural history museum, and oh yeah a four story rainforest. Aquariums are one of my desert island necessities. Though if I'm on a desert island, I guess my entire surroundings will be an aquarium. Whatever, I really like aquariums is the take-away. And four story rainforests ain't so bad either. The event is 21+ (enter red wine) so there's no risk of kids hogging all the prime jellyfish viewing spots. Damn kids.

And that's not all - as a promo for the upcoming Treasure Island Music Festival (which I will not be attending as I will be preoccupied selling my soul to The Man), there was a performance by our favorite pop music playing, silly lyric writing Swede: Jens Lekman. (In my head I said that like Oprah) He was terrific! A little more on the acoustic, decelerated side than I had expected but he picked it up at the end with Sipping on Sweet Nectar and I Remember Every Kiss. If he had played Postcard to Nina I might have just up and died.

1 comment: